Re: [NTLK] NewtWorks enhancements

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 16:02:20 EDT

On Tuesday, July 24, 2001, at 03:50 PM, Brian McEwen wrote:
[snip!]
> I downloaded the WorksBetter (from SAS) demo, and had a couple big
> issues
> ith it- with that package loaded, I got spurious "this app may not work
> with this OS" errors with many other packages on my flash card.
> Conflicts include things like Simplemail .gif package, Quotes from Paul
> G,
> NewtFTP transport, etc- not things that are related to Works. 5 or 6
> total. I thought that the ATA b2 had done something to my flash stores
> so
> I removed the b2, formatted the card, reinstalled from a backup that I
> made prior to installing any ATA driver, and had the same
> problems. Problems vanished when I removed WorksBetter from the
> internal
> store.
[snip!]

This has also been my case when I first started using WorksBetter, 2 or
3 years ago. Even though I did send many emails to StandAlone, it never
got corrected. As you also noticed, as soon as it is active, you start
getting all those "...this app may not work..." things. I've never found
any way around it, so I mostly keep WB frozen and thaw it only when
really in need, which didn't happen a lot over the last few years... I'm
probably not using Works enough...

-Laurent.