[NTLK] NewtWorks enhancements

From: Brian McEwen (bmcewen_at_cowboy.net)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 15:50:59 EDT

Since the posts about Works and enhancements, I've been playing with
Works on my 2100 (only had the 2100 for a month or so).

I downloaded the WorksBetter (from SAS) demo, and had a couple big issues
ith it- with that package loaded, I got spurious "this app may not work
with this OS" errors with many other packages on my flash card.
Conflicts include things like Simplemail .gif package, Quotes from Paul G,
NewtFTP transport, etc- not things that are related to Works. 5 or 6
total. I thought that the ATA b2 had done something to my flash stores so
I removed the b2, formatted the card, reinstalled from a backup that I
made prior to installing any ATA driver, and had the same
problems. Problems vanished when I removed WorksBetter from the internal
store.

The only other Works enhancement that I know I have loaded is the
AutoRuler from SBM.

The Works enhancement from Tow.com doesn't have a demo so I haven't tried
it (forget the name, but it was the other one mentioned as useful the
other day).

Does this sound like something others have experienced? Know if Autoruler
or other packages conflict?

I have to say, Works is neat. I likely would have bought Availworks for
my MP130 if I'd realized the 32k limit and lag with long documents that
you get with Notes, doesn't apply to works (and I assume Availworks, but
don't know). It would have markedly changed how I used the 130.

Anyway the 2 enhancement packages seem nice but I can't use the one at the
moment.

Also, a way to get a ruler on the left hand margin side would be nice- is
there a way?

Thanks for any experiences!

Brian