Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V1 #81

From: Ivan T. Shaw (ishaw_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 09:57:51 EDT

At 07:50 AM 7/22/01 -0400, Mark Rollins wrote:
>You should use the "catch phrase" I thought up, to try and explain what
>my MP2000U is.
>Rather than a lengthly discussion, I just say "It's like a Palm, only
>you can do work on it."

8-D

I didn't even bother explaining what I was using, only that it was the only
Ethernet-equipped unit with a browser. The nephew knew what it was, but
only knew of its capabilities based on hearsay from Gary Trudeau strips.
But it was the "something that old can't work" attitude (I really should
remember to tell people about the restaurant in Montreal that runs its
administrative operations from a TI/99).

--
Ivan T. Shaw, PhD
http://www3.sympatico.ca/ishaw