Re: [NTLK] MPad to USB Mac?

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 06:21:36 EDT

> From: Jason.Kulas_at_Anthem.com
> Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:53:35 -0400
>

> From what I've gathered, seems like the best/cheapest way to connect an
> MPad to a USB Mac is to use the Keyspan Twin Serial Adapter
> (http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/usa28x/docs/swp/aCompatibility.html).
> Anyone have comments on the product or the topic in general?
>
> http://www.pencomputing.com/palm/Pen34/keyspan.html
> http://www.pdastreet.com/boards/Newton/messages/358.html
> http://bioss.telenet.be/mp2100.htm

Keyspan serial works fine for me (OS 9.1) when using NTK, NPI (Newton
Package Installer) and ZTerm (terminal emulator). only funniness is that
when using NPI sometimes (but not always) it won't let me select "Serial"
port and I have to switch to the 2nd "Printer" port (all the radio buttons
don't fit in the dialog).

I've also got an ethernet card that I use for direct net connection via my
cable modem (&router). 3Com etherlink III: 3C589D-TP though I'm not sure I
could connect this directly to Mac if it's already using network via Orinoco
wireless card (which I'm hoping someday will get Newton drivers...)

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com