Re: [NTLK] Removing screen protector

From: Anthony Velasco (ecotone_tv_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 10:41:09 EDT

I'll second a vote for the WriteRights. Yeah, you go through them a little
more often, but I do like the way they seem to indicate a need to be changed
out. You ever notice that a fresh new WR is slick and easy to write on? As
they age, writing becomes more of an effort because the surface becomes
slightly softened but complexly ridged (from the last month or two of
service for an average user). The NuShield scares me, with all the
dust/dirt/sand that I'm likely to expose it to, I'm afraid that it will
eventually trap under the shield and begin to scuff and cut the screen. I
still get dirt under the WR, but I can see the larger particles, and they
are basically immobile, not moving around enough to scratch the screen.

OK, polling the group again....If enough members respond to me to make it
worth CK efforts, maybe we can get them to do another production run for the
MP2K series? Please respond to me off list with a quantity you would
ultimately like to have (do consider the average current price and add a
couple of bucks more for buffer). Also include whether you would be willing
to pre-pay (or not) for your projected quantity (including shipping, tax,
etc.). I'll tally, summarize and contact CK. Anyone have an appropriate
contact name for Concept Kitchen?

Note: I may consider the cheap hardware store solution if this is not
successful, but it scares me more than the NuShield. Do you ever notice how
the MP screen pulls up and flexes from the sticky adhesive when you are
removing an old WriteRight? And the WR don't use even a low-tack adhesive,
it seems about two steps above "static cling"!