Re: [NTLK] Newton Printing Problems

From: John Fisher (jfisher_at_alapoisoncenter.org)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 12:55:07 EDT

Back before I purchased my cable, I was told by a sales rep (from Newton
I think) that the plug contains an integrated circuit which is polled by
the newt when the cable is plugged in and a printer is selected.
Apparently all the printer settings on the IC are downloaded into newt
memory and available until the next brainwipe.

I never tried this but the sales guy told me that I could just go to a
store, ask to plug in the cable "to be sure it fits," select a printer,
change my mind, and still have the drivers resident in the newt. Anybody
know whether this is true? if so, it could be an impetus to user group
meetings worldwide (I'll loan my cable in return for an appropriate
beverage ;-)).