Re: [NTLK] (OT) eMail and Photos?

From: Samuel Jacobson (jacobson98_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 11:24:06 EST

Hello All,

  I am sorry to ask an OT question to the Newton user group as I know this
upsets people sometimes. However I tried to ask this to a specific
earthlink newsgroup and got no response. Thus you all are the only others I
know that are computer savvy and might be able to answer my question. I
hope you all will forgive me if my asking this is not proper.

  I have a friend in Japan who has sent myself two attachments over the
last few months (one was just today) and my computer, which uses earthlink,
does not seem to be able to open the attachments. The first file was in
*.dat form and the second was a *.gif file. The one that really puzzle's
myself is the *.gif file as this is a common file type, yet when I either
tell the computer to open a temporary copy or to save it the program does
nothing at all! Although there may be something wrong with the file as it
is listed as only 2 KB in size, which for a picture seems small. Yet since
I do not have the computer wherewithal that most here do I thought I would
ask.

  I would really like to be able to see what my friend sent me. Thus any
assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Respectfully,

Sam J.

Always remember, "Ad astra per aspera"...

email:
      jacobson98_at_earthlink.net
      or
      sjacobso_at_chuma.cas.usf.edu

Lab. Telephone (via Dr. Susan Bell): 813-974-5420

SnailMail:
     Department of Biology
     University of South Florida
     SCA 110