[NTLK] Re - my newton's got high fever

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sun Dec 23 2001 - 16:22:44 EST

> The Newton calculates the temperature by looking at the battery tension.

Not being a native speaker, I can only guess that you mean battery voltage
(tension to the best of my knowledge is a mechanical thing).
If you do in fact mean voltage, you are mistaken. The temparature is not a
function of the voltage. If you charge, though, the temperature is a
function
of the charge state, but that's another story.
The MP2K and eMate have a built-in temperature sensor (a kind of resistor)
in the
packs, I guess this is what is used to sense the temperature. In case this
temperature things works with the standard battery tray, too, on the MP2K,
there must be another temperature sensor in this machine.

Frank

Newton software and hardware stuff at www.pda-soft.de