Re: [NTLK] Humor for the holidays

From: Jim Hill (jimhill_at_swcp.com)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 18:18:44 EST

One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small,
But the ones that Samuel Jacobson gives you don't do anything at all:

> My initial reserve was for $699, thus I was making a whole $50 (not
> unreasonable due to the extras that come with the unit). I then received
> some rather harsh messages, which I admit I found rather hurtful as I was
> only asking mainly for the money I put into an eMate (originally a non-new
> unit at that!!!), and I lowered my reserve to $650 which meant to myself
> that I was/am going to loose money.

I don't mean to insult you, but there's your problem with the listing.

Some products appreciate with time and some don't, and the fact is that
electronics lose value unless they're collector's items like the one and
only ENIAC. Newton-based items are popular and so forth but they, too,
lose value. Your price should be set based not on what you paid for the
unit and its upgrades but on what "the market" says such a thing is
worth.

Jim, still diggin' his new toy.

--
                         jimhill_at_swcp.com
        Visit www.marrow.org -- because there is no substitute.

"Until I'm in Russia, it is too early to say that I'm happy." -- Dmitry Sklyarov has a through-the-looking-glass moment