Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V1 #411

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Sat Dec 15 2001 - 07:48:39 EST

> From: "Eric L. Strobel" <fyzycyst_at_home.com>
> Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:35:04 -0500
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] 1800 Newtons...

>At the simplest, they could ask for everything back with the Government
>doing the disposal via the usual channels (DRMO). I was on one contract

Great idea, but searching DRMO is like the "proverbial needle in a
haystack", or perhaps more accurately "electron in the known universe"
http://www.drms.dla.mil/htbin/fscsearch.pl?fsc=4921

Besides such categories as these, which apparently ALL contain computers
to some degree:
Office Machines and Data Processing Equipment
7420 Accounting and Calculating Machines
7430 Typewriters and Office Type Composing Machines
7435 Office Information System Equipment
7450 Office Type Sound Recording and Reproducing Machines
7460 Visible Record Equipment
7490 Miscellaneous Office Machines

...you get such un-detailed descriptions as
CPU
OFFICE EQUIPMENT
MONITOR
WORKSTATION
CENTRAL PROCESS UNIT
CPU

There are codes next to each item, but only those with hotlinks provide
any info; it's usually for an ancient adding machines: such as
NIIN 010459206: CALCULATING MACHINE
CURRENT TYPE AC
OPERATION METHOD HAND
UNIT TYPE LISTING

I say either an "Oceans 11-style" break in to liberate the eMates in
Huntsville, or else contact the local media (in the guise of a
non-profit org NULL - Newton User Liberation League).

--

Mark Rollins mark_at_mrollins.com www.mrollins.com