Re: [NTLK] [OT] Poutine?

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 22:53:35 EST

on 12/12/01 22:25, Eric L. Strobel at fyzycyst_at_home.com wrote:

> somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 12/12/01 4:35 PM, the entity
> known as Robert Benschop transmitted the following from rbenschop_at_mac.com:
>

>> on 12-12-2001 9:43, Grant [Routine Poutine] Hutchinson at grant_at_splorp.com

>>> http://www.hasc.com/~tikin/poutine-eng.html
>>
>> Sorry to indulge in this off-topic thread, but a website for poutine, my jaw
>> dropped !
>> (though I have to admit it's normally the first thing I get when I land in
>> Quebec, the best guarded dirty little secret ;-)
>> I thought of exporting poutine at some point but decided that probably most
>> people will have a hard time realizing that fries, gravy and cheese actually
>> taste good together)
>>

> Not all that far-fetched (as someone who's had his share of cheese fries &
> chili dogs, eaten off the same plate). My only question (it wasn't clear
> from the cited site) is what kind of cheese is used?

Cheddar cheese.

-Laurent.

case and paste n.: [from `cut and paste'] 1. The addition of a new feature to an existing system by selecting the code from an existing feature and pasting it in with minor changes. Common in telephony circles because most operations in a telephone switch are selected using case statements. Leads to software bloat.