Re: [NTLK] need password generator for MP 120 with OS 2.0

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 17:06:12 EST

On 11/12/01 16:46, "James Elliott" <rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Are there any advantages for those of us who use 2.0 devices?
>
>> Speaking of GeekSafe, I did write an update which is available on UNNA and
>> on my web site <http://home.cox.rr.com/nemesys/>. Among other things, the
>> new version can now use the entire screen on a MP2x00 or eMate, or you can
>> still use it in a floating window (see preferences). The new version has now
>> the ability to export all or a selection of your passwords and other
>> information in a new note in the notepad, so that you can later export them
>> to the desktop. So, if something wrong happens to your Newt, you're not
>> locked up.

Yes! Didn't you read the entire message you're replying to? ;-)

The most important addition, methinks, is that this version has the ability
to export any or all password/account/PIN info in a new note, in the
Notepad. You can then export that note to your desktop, using NCU. That
could prove very useful, should you have to send your Newton to Apple for
service, or your Newton stolen or otherwise damaged beyond repair. I think I
would even have paid for that modification. Since nobody was willing to do
it, I did.

-Laurent.

case and paste n.: [from `cut and paste'] 1. The addition of a new feature
to an existing system by selecting the code from an existing feature and
pasting it in with minor changes. Common in telephony circles because most
operations in a telephone switch are selected using case statements. Leads
to software bloat.