Re: [NTLK] Some diverse questions

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 15:30:23 EST

On 10/12/01 00:56, "Stephanie Maks" <steph_at_maksystems.com> wrote:
[snip!]
> 3: I recently got a newton keyboard, and finaly tried using my SER001.
> I've had the SER001 since about when they first became available, but this
> is the first time I've tried using a keyboard with it. It doesn't work.
> The keyboard works fine through the dongle, though. I tried turning the
> Newt off and on. I seem to recall reading about someone else having a
> similar situation, but couldn't find anything in the archives. Is there
> something I have to do differently, or something I should be looking at? I
> have checked the SER001 and it seems to be in good order.
[snip!]

I think I was the one that posted having some problems with the SER-001.
Basically, when trying a serial connection between a debugger and my Mac, it
wouldn't work. Did remove it and re-install it recently, but didn't have the
chance to test it again.

-Laurent.

bug-compatible adj.: [common] Said of a design or revision that has been
badly compromised by a requirement to be compatible with fossils or
misfeatures in other programs or (esp.) previous releases of itself. "MS-DOS
2.0 used \ as apath separator to be bug-compatible with some cretin's choice
of / as an option character in 1.0."