Re: [NTLK] [OT] Unlock code for NewtFTP ?

From: Peter Andrews (pandrew3_at_bigpond.net.au)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 18:39:25 EST

.

> That's pretty cool to know, but in typical MacOS fashion, that
> apparently requires having a proprietary Hotline or Carracho client to
> access the proprietary servers that use proprietary protocols that are
> reinventions of existing ones.
>
> Which, apparently, requires PPC MacOS.
etc. etc..

I have to agree with Mr P..
As a professional network consultant and lecturer I am constantly frustrated
by these types of blocks. I have to deal with, DOS boxes, win 3.x, 5 builds
of win95, Mac OSes, Newton OSes Unix variants, then I have to wade through
the various Net based protocols and internet construction packages, silly
plugs, dongles, encription, extensions and badly trained or nil trained
users who want to know why it won't work!

I have found the answer to the last question, I tell them there are 42
million transistors in the CPU the size of their fingernail, that some are
only 3 atomic layers thick and that a stack of transistors 100,000 high is
the thickness of a page of 80 grm paper.