Re: [NTLK] MP2x00 Display Upgrade Web Page

From: cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 11:29:06 EDT

------ Oliver wrote:

Very nice!

I have some questions:
- What are those white bars one can see on top and bottom of the screen?
It looks as if the screen is not as high as the original..
- The display of the upgraded MP looks as if it was sitting deeper (ergo
it's slimmer than the original) in the case, but I guess that's just an
optical effect due to the white bars.
- Will you provide "in action" pics of the working display the backlights in
the dark, including an original vs. upgrade shootout?
- Is the BL-material visible through/on the sides the display if inactive?

I'm very interested in this project, my OMP just kicked mud on my 2100's ego
regarding contrast.

The prototype has white bars on the touchscreen that will go away in the final version. The backlight material is not visible.

The prototype unit may look more "slim" than the other Messagepad, because all the electronics are laying to the left.

I'm going to try and post some head to head results as soon as I can. The problem is that the prototype looks better in poor lighting conditions with the new touchscreen, but it is hard to tell a difference is well-lit situations. In other words the advantages of the new touchscreen may be difficult to show on a web page.

Anybody with experience in this sort of thing is welcome to contact me.