[NTLK] quieting the keyboard

From: esworp (esworp_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 21:26:20 EDT

My classes at fsu are getting dense enough now that writing my notes
out, while fun, and prone to impress the ladies, is now too cumbersome.
so, it's time to make the big switch to a newton keyboard (onlt while
i'm in class, honest!). the beef is, my classmates occasionally give me
the Stink Eye for all the 'clickety-clickety' sounds i make (although
with the HWR it was endless 'tappity-tappity'). I remember a thread
about making the keyboard quieter, but fail to recall what the solution
was. Something about little rubber bands? washers? wd-40??