Re: [NTLK] Got my MP100

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 06:11:28 EDT

> Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:55:56 -0400
> From: THX 1138 <onefishtwofish_at_mac.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Got my MP100

> Oh yeah. Love that screen contrast. You can even read it in a dimly
> lit bar, if you have a tendency to hang out in that sort of place to
> write...

Okay, it's a dimly lit Irish Pub...so dimly lit, to be exact, that I
urgently need the MP2100 and its searchli..ah, backlight.

>>What troubled me: On the MP2100 I'm used to write most of my notes in
>>electronic ink, and have them recognized lateron.

> I think this feature was added in OS 1.3. You set the recognizer to
> do neither letters, nor shapes (both squares white), and just write,
> then double tap the words and it converts it. I just tried it on my
> MP100, and it works.

I just checked some archives, and it really is an OMP with NOS 1.1.00.
Too bad...ah well, it is a working unit.

The whole point about buying it:
In addition for me wanting to own such a classic (and it's in prestine
condition! :)), I want my mother to try it.
She showed some strange behaviour lately, for example dropping phrases as
e.g. "that Cube is a really nice computer", and yesterday, she showed up
with iBook catalogues and pricelists...

The ancient MPs combine a small investment with good usability and small
dimensions, so maybe I can get her hooked once she realizes that she does
not loose "that small piece of paper I put that vital info on" anymore.

Okay, call me hopeless,

Oliver ;)

--
Product will be hot after heating.