Re: [NTLK] HandEra Review

From: bpearce_at_cloud9.net
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 12:36:03 EDT

>And for those folks who think that the Palm is a toy or "just an
>organizer" and the Newton a computer...

I tend to regard this as a sort of defensive posturing, by the beleagured minority of MessagePad
owners who (like me) just can't bear to give them up.

>If Apple had made a shirt-pocket sized Newton, I'd still be using
>it. Alas, Stevie-boy blew it.

I'm not so sure: I think by the time Jobs had any decision to be made in the matter, Palm was
already well on the way to dominating the PDA market. Given the lateness of the hour, and the
unfair reputation attached to the MessagePad (something that was only starting to turn around
with the MP2000), I don't think a smaller-sized MessagePad would have been an instant success.

Not that it wouldn't have been nice to have one, though...

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net