Re: [NTLK] Best and easiest way to capture SCREENSHOTS?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 03:15:28 EDT

> Here's the question:
> What is the best way and the simplest way to capture screenshots?

Depends on your Newton.
Personally, I have NPDS running everytime when my Mac is turned on.
So the easiest way is to use GIF Server 1.1. I get nice screen shots
in .gif format (with poor compression, though, I have no licence from
Unisys). But NPDS does only run on MP130 and higher (it should run on
MP120's) and actually, MP130/MP120 don't have Ethernet.

Otherwise, I use NTK (only when for an obscure reason, NPDS isn't
running). For example, when I'm working on ATA Support, NPDS cannot
run because NPDS is on one of my flash cards and there are only two
slots, so I can't have the flash card, the ethernet card and the ATA
card.

>I'm thinking along the lines of installing one simple little package and
>exporting a screen shot as one of those black and white pictures. A package
>that will work from an OMP to the MP 2100 and eMate.

You know, NewtonOS 1.x is much different from NewtonOS 2.x. I suggest
that rather you make two packages.

But I think that NTK does it for any Newton (I'm not sure, though, I
only touched a 1.x device once).

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/