[NTLK] eMate Battery replacement

From: Paul Nuernberger (pen1_at_spiff.net)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 02:20:46 EDT

Just a short update.

I have looked at 8 different quad AA battery holders, and have two more that
will arrive next Tuesday. Of the 10, only about 4 would be suitable for
varying reasons. The only soldering will be at the main positive and
negative terminals.

I will have a working replacement undergoing test no later than next
Thursday. By then I should be able to give the list a breakdown on material
cost and construction steps (fairly easy, actually).

I am looking for any information that my fellow propeller heads on this
group may have on the thermistor in the eMate pack (is it PTC or NTC, base
value at 70F, etc). I could set up a temp tank and measure it out, but I am
looking to save a little time.

Paul Nuernberger