Re: [NTLK] graffiti etc.

From: Anthony Randazzo (SupahCoolX_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 02:04:20 EDT

on 8/23/01 5:57 PM, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> .I firmly believe that a
> "Personal" device should be just that...PERSONAL!
> There should be no barrier to interaction with your
> personal device. (within bounds of technology and
> price) The device should learn and adapt to the user.
> The device should be infinatly changable, allowing
> extreme customization. In short, the device should be
> an extension of the user...

I agree TOTALLY! My uncle recently bought a Toshiba laptop with Windows Me.
He has one of those little "fuzzy ball" mouse pointer things in the middle
of the keyboard. Whenever he uses it or tries to organize his documents, he
mutters things to the effect of "this is so frustrating" or "what a pain in
the" well, you know. Those words should never come up when using a digital
assistant (especially on the most basic of things, like using the mouse and
organizing docs). That's what makes the Mac platform so great for personal
computing. As I have recently discovered, this makes the Newton great too.
It just works in a way that makes sense. If I'm stuck, I think "what's the
most natural and simple way to do this." Chances are, I'm right. You hit
the nail on the head there Mr. Kummel.
Anthony Randazzo
SupahCoolX_at_mac.com