Re: [NTLK] PC + Ethernet Newton setup

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 14:22:49 EDT

>Unless maybe you've got an NT server somewhere which has AppleTalk
>support (which is possible), then maybe it would work. I don't know
>if a stand-alone PC can have the AppleTalk protocol installed on its
>own - I'm pretty sure you need to be on a LAN where AppleTalk
>support is on the domain server.

This won't work because NCU for Windoze doesn't talk AppleTalk. It
only talks MNP Serial.

The best way until some happy events happen with the NCU-replacement
quest is to use Basilisk. Victor told me he uses this for his backups
because it's much faster than under windoze over serial. I don't know
if he runs basilisk under Linux of Win32, though.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/