Re: [NTLK] How it all began

From: T. J. Wise (midgard_at_dragon.org)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 18:19:36 EDT

*snipping the long story - since there were complaints of not cutting
out the original message for brevity's sake*

I found the story deeply touching & reminded me of my own
experiences. I was working for a software developer here in Phoenix,
back in the early 90's. We were invited to a conference at the Apple
Center, downtown. I went. I was introduced to lots of cool people,
and a video uplink. After that, the fun began. Newton. I was hooked.
I had to get one. I couldn't. They were not released yet. I wanted
one. Who cared if it thought my boss's name was Iykc, and not Luke?
It was hip & cool. It was sweet & addictive. I got one eventually -
when prices became more modest and I richer. I have since then had:

2 OMP's
1 110
1 120
1 eMate
1 UMP 2K
and I just got today a cute little Sony Magic Link. Is a slow little
beast, another bad form factor, but a nice interface - based on life
images, like desks and doors, file cabinets, etc. Now to make it talk
to my 15+ Macintoshes.