Re: [NTLK] Here I go again

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 15:44:11 EDT

> When I hit 'send' in the inbox, using the modem rather than ethernet, it
> goes to the correct place so I figure the owner is selected, but I have
> had my Newt for two years now and was not aware that an owner card could
> be active or not. I only have the one I filled in after a brain wipe and
> the default (blank) work site. How do you activate an owner?
You shouldn't have different owners, unless it is real, because your
licensed programs will stop working. But the difference in settings should
be expressed in different worksites. The best would be if you try to delete
internet settings in the owner card (if there are any) and put as much as is
available into worksites. Im my Owner info card I have set nearly nothing
because a very nice application from
http://www.sbm.nu/englisch/newton/worksite/index.htm is filling in
automatically what's needed at the selected worksite. My worksites carry
everything: a different address, printer, Inet config, internet setup, phone
and fax numbers which will appear at the fax cover too (!!!). BTW, I got the
whole bunch of SBM software (incl. SBM utils) for 79USD, an investment which
was one of the best for my Newton.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing