Re: [NTLK] introducing myself

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 06:24:54 EDT

>All this introducing led me to the statistics part of newtontalk,net and
>apart from "Unknown mailer : 593 posts" (are we being seriously spammed ?)

Unfortunately, we can't determine the e-mail software used by
everyone. For example, I'm using Eudora for MacOS, and the only way
you can know that I'm using Eudora 4.x or greater is by seeing the
format of Message IDs it generates and the use of the 'flowed' format
(which isn't used by many clients, AFAIK). You actually can't
determine which version of Eudora I'm using.

<rant>
This stats page always makes me think I fought with some dirty open
source software and wrote a couple of lines to generate a nice pie
chart of mail user agents, but Victor thought after three or four
hours of work that it wasn't worth it.
</rant>

>I also noticed that we can't see how many people are subscribed anymore,
>or did I miss something ?

The number of subscribed users is on the about page, not on the
statistics page.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/