[NTLK] Mexican Spanish TTS

From: Gregory J. Wayman (gwayman_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 19:28:33 EDT

I use the Mexican Spanish TTS on my Mac quie a bit to create instructions and or
Safety notes.

For our Window's friends, this is a add on to Apple speech technology, that adds
two new voices to the excisting array, (Carlos, and Catalina) and it some how
knows to accent in a different way when reading Spanish.

I was thinking how great it would be if some one could figure how to add this to
the Newton Speaktext/MacinTalk pkg.

But, I read somewhere that we are not even supposed to have speaktext for the
Newton, and I guess we have another source code dead end here with Apple, if a
third party were to try, right?

Greg (always trying to involve/evolve his Newt)