Re: [NTLK] Newton to iBook

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop_at_bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 17:14:56 EDT

on 12-08-2001 10:22, Anthony Randazzo at SupahCoolX_at_mac.com wrote:

> The major factor is price. Any brand/product
> recommendations? Also, would it be easier/cheaper to hook it up via
> ethernet?

For Ethernet cards look at the FAQ at
http://hometown.aol.com/thisolnewt/index2.html

And that's both the cheapest and fastest option, though you'll need access
to another Newt or computer with a serial connection to get the driver and
the "Newton Devices" package (you'll need this to get the Ethernet to work
on your Newt, comes with NIE 2.0) in your Newt.

>Would I need a hub, or would just a standard ethernet cable (or
> even a crossover cable) work?

An crossover cable will do the job.
BTW, Ethernet will be easiest if you're on a Mac, on Windows you'll need to
run the Basilisk Mac emulator (is that in the FAQ ?)

Robert Benschop