Re: [NTLK] Anyone had this happen/know.

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 15:08:46 EDT

Wow...I've never had that problem...it's a good thing
I only backup to PC card! I've only backed up to my PC
twice the past 5 years or so! both times were when i
was sending my Newt somewhere to be operated on!
(always good to have at least 2 backups when there is
a definate possiblity of not having any data when it
comes back!)
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Woo Lee <vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

> Yup, happened to me three times in the last 20
> months. Same exact problem.
> Used SBM Utilities to correct some values on some
> software. But no real
> reason why it happened.
> ------------------
> >there. The only thing that I noticed missing was
> all the non-default
> >'folders' that I had set up (although all the items
> that I'd filed showed
> up
> >in "unfiled names", "unfiled notes" etc). I also
> lost some registration
> >codes for some software. Apart from that
> everything seems to be okay. The
> >only 'funny' thing that happened before the reset
> was that the night before
> >I tried doing a back up which failed half way
> though (lost connection to
> PC)
> >and I didn't bother trying a second time.
> >
> >Does anybody have any idea what caused

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...