Re: [NTLK] pict to pkg??

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 12:01:49 EDT

On Friday, August 10, 2001, at 11:51 AM, T. J. Wise wrote:

> I guess I'll need to be more concise. I was referring to the software
> package called: Pict2Pkg.0.23 - it takes a .pic file and makes it a
> B&W .pkg for the Newton, all in one step. Then one simply moves it to
> the newt and it is done. I was looking for another 1-step style
> package-maker that does this in 16 shades of grey. However, I am open
> to other ideas. I have Newton Press - though I have never used it.
> Looks like I get to use it soon? I also have Graphics Converter - but
> I don't recall seeing a .pkg conversion built into it. So, call me a
> dumb blonde - I am still having more fun than you! LOL Any help
> welcome.

The GraphicConverter part is only to sample the picture down to 16
shades of gray. The result is still a graphic file, not a Newton
package. That's why the original reply, or one of them, did mention that
to turn this resulting graphic file into a Newton package, they did use
NewtonPress, which generate usually books to read on the Newton.

-Laurent.