[NTLK] Backing up and synchronizing revisited

From: martin weiss (weissm_at_mail.rockefeller.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 15:53:22 EDT

Related to backing up dates and contacts I guess I need some advice.

        I have been using ACT! for the Mac and Newton. However, these
platforms are no longer supported. I can not connect to my G 4 using
the serial connector and the Keystone serial to USB connector. When I
am asked by ACT! for the port to connect to I am presented with
printer or modem port. But the Keystone is connected to a USB port. I
don't know how to answer. If I try and synchronize using NCU it does
not work with ACT! I can synchronize with an older Mac Act to Act
using the Newton serial connector but . . .

        I tried Now Up to Date but as noted earlier v. 4.0 does not
work the Newton. Does any one know how to get 3.9x? I called and the
new provider of the software never heard of 3.9x.

        Any thoughts of what to do greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Weiss, Ph.D.