Re: [NTLK] Newton Works import/export

From: Samuel Jacobson (sjacobso_at_chuma.cas.usf.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 11:03:54 EDT

Hello All,

  I have been trying to get my eMate to allow a Microsoft Word document to
be imported directly from my PC to Newton Works yet with no luck. I tried to
import the document as a Rich Text file (*.rtf), yet this leads to either
the NCU performing an "illegal operation" and being shut down (if Norton is
turned off) or simply a crashing of the NCU program via Norton (if I have
the protection program turned on).

  If I try to import the Word document as a Text document (*.txt) the NCU
tells me that I need to make sure that Newton Works in installed on the
eMate (which it is) and that I have used it before (which I have).

  I have looked over, and then looked over again, the eMate manual but there
does not seem to be any help with importing and exporting to the Newton
Works word processor.

  Thus I am stuck. I know that the importing and exporting from Word will
work, and I could try to send it as a Note to the Newton but this would
seemed somewhat defeating.

  Any help would be appreciated as this is why I got the eMate to begin
with...

Thank you very, very much,

Sam