[NTLK] Syncing a Newton with PC Network or Palm, if I have a Mac in the equation?????

From: Drew Loker (lokerd_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 10:39:48 EDT

Hey Team!

I am trying to make a final decision about the fate of my Newt as a part in
my life. Really, it is more machine than I need to carry around in my arm,
and I really want to carry something in my pocket, especially since I
already have one of the smallest laptops every made (Sony 505f) that goes
EVERYWHRE with me except into resturants, groceries, theaters, etc. I guess
one of the other issues is that I feel like I have spent 100's of hours just
to get this syncing thing to work.

Anyway, if I could ever get the syncing to work, I would be interested in
keeping it around.

I have just reaquired a Mac, mainly to access my Apple Color Laserwriter on
the network at work, but I have been thinking that it would be cool if I
could get the computer to assist me in keeping my Newton synced.

So, the question is: If I am using a Mac on an Ethernet Network, what are
the chances that I could get it to sync with Act on my PC on the Network.
Also, what are the chances that I could sync it with a Palm to the same Act
database?

Thanks!
Drew