Re: NTLK serial numbers

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 15:31:41 CDT

on 09-09-2000 6:31, DON at don@dcphotos.com wrote:

> ken wrote - "Contrary to some recent posting, it is not okay to post serial
> numbers to software unless you own the source code and its copyrights."
> That IS my point!!! It also is NOT ok to copy images from a book, a
> magazine, a web site, hell even a matchbook cover and then publish them to
> the web. Let alone make a newton book.

Sorry, maybe I understood the whole site wrong, but I was under the
impression that the author agreed, did I get something wrong ?

> Even if you own the book you need to READ the copyright notice. You may not
> even be "legally" allow to reproduce it for your own purpose.
> I reminds me of that Jeff Goldblum line in Jurassic park, something about
> just because we could, dosen't mean we should. ala napster!!!

Sorry but that one is still in court and the mere fact that the judge still
left them doing their business in the meantime means that there side of the
case has at least some merit, doesn't it ?

Robert Benschop