Re: NTLK Re: Free internet providers, dialup numbers

From: CM Stimpson (macheel@dialfree.net)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 06:23:55 CDT

on 9/5/00 7:48 AM, Robert Benschop at robertbenschop@bigfoot.com wrote:

> on 05-09-2000 1:27, CM Stimpson at macheel@dialfree.net wrote:
>

>> I have switched to dialfree.net since that time, and have been rather
>> satisfied.
>> It charges 19.95 a month to your credit card, but through a partnership w/
>> http://www.rhinopoint.com, if you complete 1 survey a month, your credit
>> card is re-credited for the 19.95, thus making dialfree FREE.
>> Their are a decent # of dialup numbers throughout the country (other
>> countries?), but nowhere near the # that freewwweb had at this
>> point.....though the number is steadily growing, however.
>
> Nice to hear that there's another free service that works with a Mac, but
> now of course for the main question CM, (!!!)
> does it work with your Newton ?
>

> Robert Benschop

Oh. I'm terribly sorry.

I thought that I stated that somewhere in my original message. *sigh*

Well, perhaps not.

YES, to answer your question. It does work with the Newton.

The only down side is that dialup numbers are fairly limited (I'm not sure
if there are foreign countries on the list, and each state might have about
a total of 4 or 5 dialup numbers at maximum currently.)

But other than that, works fine.

CM

--
The box said "Windows 95 or better" so I bought a Macintosh.