Re: NTLK Re:MP2100 HWR troubles - when writing quickly

From: Leland Jory (ljory@newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 10:50:52 EDT

Actually, I've had a similar "problem" on my MP130. I think it has something
to do with the amount of available heap. I only say this as it seems to
happen when I'm well into a long note, or if I've got my backdrop and
another app or two open.

Can you get the Newt to try to recognize the word by double-tapping it after
it changes it to ink text? If so, try freezing some apps and backing out of
apps that you have open but are not actively using.

Just my $0.02CDN

Leland Jory
"Newton users swear by their PDAs. WinCE users swear AT their PDAs."

-----------

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000 Rich Dean scribbled:

> >Friend of mine has a 2100. When writing quickly (sometimes even when
> >writing slowly) in Notes or Works, an odd thing starts to happen. The
> >Newton loses the ability to track with the writing, turning the words
> >he has written into very squiggly lines. I'm not talking about the
> >converted text, I am referring to the words he writes with the pen
> >before they are converted.

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!