NTLK Re: how to remove mp2k system update?

From: Stainless Steel Rat (ratinox@peorth.gweep.net)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 23:35:52 EDT

* Robert Benschop <robertbenschop@bigfoot.com> on Fri, 14 Apr 2000
| "There are three methods to revert to a previous system update:
| (a) use a special package that removes the current one, and install a new
| one.

Does such a beast actually exist?

| (b) install a system update with a lower code, and install over it the new
| one.

Does this actually remove the update, freeing up the memory used by it, or
does it apply a patch to a patch? That is, my MP2100 has 717260 in ROM.
If I install the 170031 update on top of it, and then install the 717260
update on top of that, are there two system updates on my MP2100 or none?

| (c) install a modified system update which installs whatever the code is."

Maybe it is just me, but I am having trouble parsing this one.

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ When not in use, Happy Fun Ball should be
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ returned to its special container and

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!