NTLK IrDA and HP LaserJet question (was eMate to HP Deskjet 340)

From: Point Mutation (locutus@hawaii.rr.com)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 20:06:52 EST

> What are the Newton-compatible IrDA printers?
> The printers which support this software enhancement are the HP DeskJet
> 340, HP LaserJet 5MP and HP LaserJet 6MP."

Does the HP LaserJet need some sort of IR adaptor to print using IR? My
girlfriend has a LaserJet 6MP and there doesn't seem to be an IR lens for
the newton to point to. We just use print pack to print but using IR would
remove all the trouble of having to constantly connect w/ the
serial-parallel cable.

anyways,
bg
e-mail: locutus@hawaii.rr.com