NTLK Repairs from Apple Canada

From: Victor Rehorst (victor@gear.torque.net)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 11:15:22 EST

Since I just had to do this *sniff*, here's some knowledge for any other
Canuck Newton owners around here.

1. Call Apple Canada - 1-800-263-3394

2. Option 1 for English, option 2 for Product Support (not option 3 for
AppleCare)

3. 5 for "other products", then 4 for "other products" again :)

4. I called at 11am EST, and I didn't have to hold at all. I talked to
"Bob", who sounded less-than-awake. The instant I told him I wanted
repairs for my MessagePad, he said he was having "problems with the
system" and put me on hold for around 5 minutes. No doubt he was trying
to find out what the heck it was :)

5. After that, he took my information and asked me what the problems
were. I gave the full list - broken case, scratched screen, unit won't
power on. I didn't have to do any running around trying to convince him
that it was really dead, like I've heard some callers in the US have had
to do.

6. On hold for a little longer, he told me the price for the repairs
($189 CAD), that they'd send a shipping container out to me with
instructions, and to enclose payment with the unit (which I thought was
rather strange). He also quoted a turnaround time of 3-4 weeks (AACK!).
Also at this point, he asked me for a different address - I had originally
given him a PO Box, and apparently they don't like that. He then gave me
the case number and I was on my way.

Total call time: around 15 minutes. Not bad.

-----Victor Rehorst - victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca | victor@torque.net------
---Newton Resources: Ethernet, Newton Cage, NewtonTalk archive, and more!---
--------------- http://eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca/~victor/newton/ ---------------

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!