Re: NTLK Land Survey Applications for Newton..

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 11:08:57 EST

Michael Strange wrote:

> Thanks for the info. That is for ethernet, not modem, they are different,
> right? I found on one of the modem sites where an eigercom 33.6k modem
> worked using a greater than 28.8 driver?
>
> Is that a standard nie2 driver? I have never used the nie on a newton,
> owned one each up to my new (to me) mp2k, but never surfed, etc. NOW I want
> to, and am behind on the times. :-(
>
> Michael Strange

Oups! Sorry about that! Yes, usually, when you have a modem that is not
specifically referenced, your best bet is to try one of the generic driver, like
"28.8 and faster". And yes, "28.8 is a standard NIE driver. If that doesn't
work, then you'll need to find a specific driver, or write one yourself. There's
an application on DNUG <http://www.dnug.dk/> that lets you create/modify modem
drivers. I don't remember the exact name of the app, but if you look carefully,
you should find it.

Maybe someone on this list will even step in and provide you with a direct URL!

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
           ********** Usual disclaimers apply **********

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!