Re: NTLK Question Concering Shot Logging

From: KCole (quickink@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 03:14:57 EST

In a message dated 9/3/99 12:15:18 PM, POkeefe1@ic3.ithaca.edu writes:

<< I'm wondering if there is some kind of shot logger for the newton that would be useful for
Film, not video, production? >>

I don't know how married you are to using Newton for this nor do I know your application, but unless you need wireless connection from camera, I seriously recommend you look at Avid MediaLog. It costs only a few hundred bucks, runs on either Mac or PC and controls virtually every video deck via serial control. It has default columns to include about any information you can think of and you can write custom columns for the rest. It supports a wide variety of film and video
formats and, needless to say, is compatible with Avid Film & Media Composers.

I would personally love the opportunity to play around with Shot-Logger, but at their prices... the product seems to address a very narrow market. My advice is, don't pay for anything until you see it do what you need it to. There's a lot of film-logging vaporware out there.

What I'ld like to see is a Newton Timecode/Feet& Frames calculator. That I could use.

Good luck...K<

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!