NTLK Backing up steps???

From: Drew Loker (lokerd@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 03:46:05 EST

I am trying to do a full backup, wipe, and restore using the following
directions I pasted a few weeks ago but it seems like I am going to wipe out
my card storage in step 7. Also, I have two memory cards. Are these steps
correct? When should I do my other card?

Thanks!

Drew

You'll need to use NCU. Allocate enough memory (2 x store size) for NCU.
This is the procedure. 1. Unmount and remove your card. 2. Backup Internal.
3. Make a copy of Internal and place it outside of the Backup Folder. This
is your first generation internal backup. 4. Now insert Card and let it
mount. 5. Backup through NCU with a copy of your Internal in the backup
folder. 6. NCU now allows you to select Internal or Card. Select Card and
backup. 7. Replace Internal backup in backup folder with the first
generation Internal backup. You'll be warned that you're replacing a newer
version. Ignore. 8. Next, hard reset Internal with Card removed. 9. Restore
Internal. 10. Erase Card. 11. Restore Card. Now enjoy your tip top Newton
that has just been given a new lease of life and some additional space
recovered. That's it!

(In step 7, it seems like I am going to replace my card memory with the
internal 1st generation back up when the card was not in there.)

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!