Re: NTLK AOL Access For Newton

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2000 - 18:43:09 EST

On 3/5/2000 9:43 AM, ZACINCCEO@aol.com [mailto:ZACINCCEO@aol.com] wrote:

> Hello everyone, I am sending this from my newton (cool huh:)
>and I want to use Newtcape and I need to know some info
> Protocol PPP or Slip? Confiquration Server or Manual? Primary
>DNA/Name Server Address? Can anyone help? Thanks
>-Zac
>
>Sent from a Newton via Aloha 2.7

By your signature, you're using AOL to send the mail. I presume that
means that you want to access the web via Newt's Cap with AOL too.

I'm afraid you can't do that.

AOL does not use PPP or SLIP, they use their own, proprietary
non-standard dial up interface to PPP.

You'll have to get a real Internet Service provider. There are several
free ones, as well, that people are using with their Newtons (not me,
though, so I can't give details on what, where and how -- other members,
please chime in with details!)

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = Newton Community FAQ: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!