Re: NTLK Multiple POP email without multiple owners?

From: Khaled (Khaledt@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 14:35:36 EST

---------
>From: newtontalk@planetnewton.com (NewtonTalk)
>To: <newtontalk@planetnewton.com>
>Subject: newtontalk V1 #260
>Date: Tue, Feb 29, 2000, 8:44 AM
>

>Kenny,
>
>Have you used this feature successfully? I set up the second owner card,
>went to the multi-POP prefs, but couldn't make it to work.
>Upon checking what it looks like Enroute "considers" my main email account,
>I would get a -48221, I think.
>
>Any idea? Anybody else here using Multi-POP from Enroute successfully?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>-Laurent.

----------

Well, I did get multi pop Enroute working from the first try, well almost.
Here is how I did it and see for you self if you did something different.

1- I made a second owner card but did not use the exact same name I had in
my primary name card (just used my first and last name and dropped my middle
name, do not ask me if that makes a difference, I am simply telling you what
I did)

2- In the new card I included nothing but my second mail address

3- In the multi pop dialog (from i-net mail prefs) I selected both user
names and checked use multi pop.

4- It connected to my main address (from the main owner card) and when done
it connected again to the same address, I do not know why. It then connected
to my second address.

5- I later discovered that it connects to the main address for the second
time when it switches to the second owner. Do not know why, though the
second owner card only includes the second address only.

6- I know have the main user unchecked in the multi pop dialog box. Only the
"use multi pop" and the second owner are checked. It now works nicely as
expected.

Dr. Khaled Tewfik
Saudi Arabia
>From a Rocking Apple G3 Desktop