Re: NTLK re: Hey! I've found the Ultimate Newton Successor (I think.

From: Khaled (Khaledt@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 14:06:22 EST

>From: newtontalk@planetnewton.com (NewtonTalk)
>To: <newtontalk@planetnewton.com>
>Subject: newtontalk V1 #260
>Date: Tue, Feb 29, 2000, 8:44 AM
>

>Re: NTLK re: Hey! I've found the Ultimate Newton Successor !?? (I
> think.
----------

Yeh, pretty much so, really. You have to see my hand writing to believe
(though I'm an architect). My teachers always mocked my hand writing, and my

exam papers were always unmistakable from that of other kids, I did not have
write my name, no kidding.

All the Newton asks is that you right knowing that some one is going to read
your writing. The Newton uses Nuro programming technology. Nuro programs
actually do learn as you use them (it is a story, but trust me on that). The
Newton manual asks that you correct your mistakes immediately during the
first hours of usage, this allows the computer to learn its mistakes.

I submit that it is never 100% bullet proof, but it also impressed
recognizing some of my most awful scribbles more tomes than I can remember.
I recently was able to convert a palm user friend to the Newton platform
simply by writing as fast as I could on my Newton in Deferred recognition
mode and having the Newton recognize my writing with 85% accuracy. That same
week he bought an MP2k (though it had a strange defect, it would not accept
writing unless the interconnect door was open), (another Newton user at
Saudi Arabia, we are doing progress here).

The main argument I was stating was:
"Who should do the hard work, the man or the computer; just who is the
master." The Newton simply allows you to do your work the way you want to do
it, and it will figure it all out for you. That is the beauty of the Newton
that is still unmatched by any other platform.

The Newton is an educated computer, more than most high school kids, it
actually reads and writes. (with MacInTalk installed)

Dr. Khaled Tewfik
Saudi Arabia
>From a Rocking Apple G3 Desktop

about us at some time. Find out why at: