Re: NTLK Auto BrainWipe (Long)

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 09:04:15 CDT

Khaled Tewfik wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 Kenny Song wrote:
>
> -----------
> >It was then I realised I also lost my System Update.
> >
> >Again "no problem". I have the update in my Powerbook G3,
> I have an upgraded MP2k, Are you telling me that under certain circumstances I may lose the system update that allow the 2.1 k upgrade to function!!
>
> If that is true, where can I get the system Update, a can you mail it to me so I can be prepared for a rainy day.
>
> Note, I left my Newt once without any power for 2 days in the process of doing some internal fixings, I booted normally once power was restored. Further, and to my surprise Avi's backdrop was still there to greet me as the back drop with my owner information and other information intact, unbelievable and I was never able to explain it.

Yes, under some circumstances, you can loose the system update. That happened to me with my 120 in the past. I don't remember what happened, as I've been using a 2100 for the past 3 years (it has the update in ROM, with the OS). However, I recently acquired a 2000 that I upgraded to a 2100 and decided to give a break to my real 2100, so
I'll see if that ever happens again. I'm very careful though not to let anything bad happend to my UMP2000, like letting it without any power for a long period of time.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com