Re: NTLK Schlumberger - NCU

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 10:11:17 CDT

frederic.pache@belgacom.be wrote:

> The rom is 2.1 (B1-007)-1
> Ram installed 920ko
>
> The Schlum is in his docking station "Dr Watson".
> In this station, when you put the Newton on it, there is the battery AC
> charger, a modem Kortex, and 3 connections (1 for a serial to PC, 1 for
> serial Mac, et 1 I don't know). The problem is there is no labels for the 3
> connectors. Does it mean this is just 1 connection with 3 cables in
> parallele ?
> Am I the only one having a Schlumberger model on this mailing list ?

Hmmmm. That sounds interesting. I'd like to see some pictures of this "docking station". As far as I can remember, that's the first time I hear about this Schlumberger clone.

I don't see why you would have a separate serial connection for the PC and another one for the Mac. If they are serial connections, the same one can be used both with the PC and the
Mac. That's at least one thing that PCs and Macs have in common ;-)

Maybe the other connector are for audio? Can you describe how these connectors look? What's their shape? Are you able to tell us the number of pins? Are these round DIN-8 like
connectors? Or more like traditional DB-9 or DB-25 connectors? Male or female?

Again, if you could post a couple of pictures, that would certainly help...

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com