Re: NTLK Schlumberger - NCU

From: J. van de Griek (joost_van_de_griek@nl.yachtgroup.com)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 14:27:44 CDT

Frédéric Paché wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have now my Newton Schlumberger. Very proud but some problems with NCU.
> I have a portable IBM 380 with Win98. I installed NCU 1.0.
> The Newton try to connect via serial but received no answer from the PC.

Well, you have to do the following:

1 - Connect the cable between the Newton and the ThinkPad
2 - Fire up NCU on the ThinkPad
3 - Make sure you have selected the correct serial port in NCU (COM1: on a
ThinkPad 380), and that this port is not in use
4 - Start the Dock app on the Newton

Also, are you sure you have the correct cable?

> I try in IRDA mode: the IBM sees the Newton but 1 second afterwards, the
> Newton says that there is no answer and cut the communication.

IrDA docking doesn't work, unfortunately.

,xtG
..tsooJ