Re: NTLK rechargable batteries ?

From: Heiko Cultus (Heiko.Cultus@edag.de)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 07:12:40 CDT

ThisOlNewt@aol.com wrote:

> My battery for my 2100 died so I switched to a charger and NiCads from
> Radioslack. I charge em in their own charger over night. My question is my
> newt only reads them as alkiline and at about 60% when new and fresh. Am I
> crazy, do I have a bad batch, is my newt deep sixing or is there some
> reason.....

In the original Apple-rechargeable-Batteriepack is a NTC-resistor, which measure
the temperature. If the the NTC isn't there, the Newton won't recognise that
there are rechargeable batteries.
There is a little programm that allows you to select the batterie type. It is
called Nick's SoftCharg:
http://www.logictools.de/newton/english/index.html

Heiko