Re: [NTLK] Platform crap...

From: SlashDevNull (SlashDevNull_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 17:26:56 EST

Salutations,

  First of all, forgive me if this sounds as if I am teeing off at a single
person. This is not my intention.

  This is EXACTLY the attitude that roasts my chaca's. (don't bother
looking for the word. I just made it up for effect)

  These people that HATE Apple but LOVE their products or LOVE one of them.
So they buy ONLY what they NEED from Apple and they spend their time
denouncing Apple in every forum or conversation that they can bring up.

  Well, I have news for you people. Only Apple could have produced the
Newton. My proof is that nothing else comes close. Only Apple could have
produced the Mac, the Macintosh OS, the iPod, the iMac, Final Cut, iTunes,
iDVD, OS X, and all of the wonderful technologies that have come out of
Cupertino.

  And for people to turn on Apple at the FIRST (or second, or even more)
simply because of a business decision that THEY didn't like (and may have
lost money on) is shortsighted.

  And when people denounce Apple that makes others think the same about
Apple. And since the VAST majority of the other 95% people perception of
Apple only comes from these denouncers they in turn think Apple is a poor
company.

  So you know what happens? NOBODY buys anything from Apple because
everyone one they know says Apple is a terrible company EXCEPT for one
product. And before you know it, Apple is dead.

  And that company that YOU hate, but LOVE their products no longer makes
anything. And then you have Palm and windows. Completely third rate
hardware and software.

  Apple is a unique company. And Apple makes unique products that almost
always are the absolute best products in that category. And sure, Apple may
piss off one of you, and it may make a bonehead move and cost you some
money.

  But I would take a world with Apple (and the occasional bonehead move)
than the alternate any day. Because the alternate is a bland world with
third rate products where innovation is adding skins to windows.

David