Re: NTLK how to connect MP2.1K to iMac's USB

From: Ken Whitcomb (ken@imageguild.com)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 22:27:51 CDT

Sometimes, USB connections suffer from a loss of memory. Try unplugging
> and replugging in the USB connector from the hub (computer) and see if
> that doesn't wake it up.
>

> Mark Ross

I can confirm that pulling the USB cable out of the port on the machine
after a restart allows the serial device (in my case a modem) to work
properly. My serial > usb converter had a connector port on it than a
typical USB, so the connecting cable had two different ends. I presumed that
pulling the cable from the converter would have the same effect (and was
much easier to get to than the USB port on my B&W G3) but did not remedy the
problem. Only pulling the cable from the machine would allow the modem to
work.

ken